SCREEN-L Archives

March 2000, Week 4

From:
silvia fernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:24:07 -0800
Now, if you start to discuss the difference between
bad, evil, and morally ambiguous, the thing is going
to get really complicated...

I have been thinking about Monty Clift in "A Place in
the Sun"... why do we consider him the hero, when he
commits a crime? Why don't we feel pity for poor
Shelly Winters? Why do we justify his murder?

Very problematic film....