SCREEN-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
louie reayner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:43:42 GMT
Looking for a direction!

I am looking for suggestions, assistance and any form of direction on the
pre-mentioned topics. I am soley interested in the dream sequences found in
the works of Maya Deren and David Lynch - in particular the two films "Lost
Highway" and "Meshes in the Afternoon". As opposed to the conventional
Freudian direction I am searching for something alternative. I am interested
in the semiotic deconstruction of dreams and the way they are constructed
and employed in the narrative space of films.

If anyone can offer any advice or assistance it would be greatly
appreciated.

Louie Rayner