SCREEN-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:10:33 -0500
I've seen about eight or nine Ruiz films; the question is whether this
particular film actually exists. I haven't seen it mentioned in other Ruiz
articles or filmographies but on the other hand his "Treasure Island"
seemed like an unrealized project until it turned up recently, apparently
having been barely released before if at all. LT

>> The All-Movie Guide lists a film called "Richard III" directed by Raul Ruiz
>> but gives no other info other than a 1986 date. Does anybody know if this
>> actually exists or if it's a ghost credit?
>
>I can't provide much more information, but it's apparently a real
>credit. Ruiz is a Chilean director who worked in exile during the
>Pinochet years. His most recent film is the acclaimed Proust
>adaptation TIME REGAINED.
Full Alert Film Review
http://wlt4.home.mindspring.com/fafr.htm

Funhouse