SCREEN-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Mike Irvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:08:07 EST
Dear Screen-L,
    I'm not sure if I posted this before, but I have a regular 8mm camcorder.
 It's a Sony Handycam.  I bought it because I can't afford or find a home
movie camera they used in the 1960's or any camera for that matter to make
movies with.  I bought a editing machine for the camcorder to edit with and I
can't even get it to edit sound.  Every time I try to dub sound into my
movies it never works and I do it the right way and it really is ticking me
off.  Even with this editing machine it isn't working!!  I heard about the
"Quick Clip Parallel" from Logitech, where you can connect your camcorder to
the Quick Clip via rca jacks.  The quick clip is connected to your computer.
I was thinking on getting it so I can use my camcorder also as a webcam.  But
I'd only get it though, if u could edit with it too.  I don't see why not,
because you hook your camcorder into it.  So stuff on your camcorder is now
available on your computer.  so if I found desktop movie editing software
somewhere, should it work?

Thanks,
Mike Irvan
Email: <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
Home Page: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/mikeirvan">http://members.aol.com/m
ikeirvan/</A>
"ALL I KNOW ABOUT MOVIE TRILOGIES, IS THAT IN THE THIRD ONE ALL BETS ARE
OFF." "HELLO, SYDNEY.  WELCOME TO THE FINAL ACT!" Scream 3