SCREEN-L Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Sandy Camargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:56:44 -0600
I've been doing some work on film noir lately and I am wondering if
anyone knows why, except for the first chapter, no one has apparently
translated Borde & Chaumeton's PANORAMA DU FILM NOIR AMERICAIN into
English. Is there some legal reason why it hasn't been done? Would
there be an audience for a translation? Is anyone actively working on
one now? If the field is empty and there are no legal impediments,
I'm thinking of doing one, so I thought I'd ask you all for advice.

Thanks,
Sandy Camargo
Department of English
University of Missouri